Friday, April 10, 2009

Wanna Be a Calla, Cake Balla...

What do you get when you mix cake with a stick and tons of yummmmmmmy candy???? You get the cutest, most adorable, yummy lollipops you've ever seen and tasted!!! And....here they are....TADAAAA!


So, I discovered these cute little cake ball pops on one of my most favorite blogs, Bakerella. When I saw them I knew I HAD to make them! So upon leaving work I rushed to about every store possible to gather up the supplies...Kroger, Hobby Lobby, Michaels, Wal-Mart. After much searching, I finally found all the necesarry ingredients to create these cuties. Three days later....VOILA! Yeah, I know mine don't look near as neat and tidy as Bakerellas, and my pink bunnies look more like pigs, but I'm very pleased with the outcome! Of course, I probably did take on a little too much, especially with it being my first time to make these. I think I ended up making about 55 of them.....I finally called it quits at 11:45 last night. I wish you could have seen my kitchen after making these....it pretty much looked like the Easter Bunny and his basket of goodies exploded everywhere, myself included!

I brought them to work with me today and they were a huge hit! The students that saw them were wide eyed with amazement and I could literally see the drool dripping from their mouths as I walked by. I just love looking at them.....they're just so darn cute and happy! I think the fat little chicks are my favorite!

I'm thinking these pops would be a great seasonal seller at The Kitschy Cottage! They would look adorable wrapped in clear cellaphane with a pastel ribbon tied neatly around the bottom!

So, which one is your fave?
Here's some more pictures of my Easter Pops:




HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment