Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Bright and Bold

Since I'm currently in the "visionary" phase of developing The Kitschy Cottage, I thought blogging about my ideas and visions would be a good outlet. We are currently waiting for our finalized business plan before heading to the bank (eeek) and if all goes well, we will be the owners of this cute little cottage!


Although I like the freshly painted green, I think it needs a little more kitsch to it, in a bright and bold sort of way. The other day on HGTV's "Curb Appeal", they painted an old bungalow a vibrant blue. Right away I LOVED it and thought it would be the perfect color for the house.
Here's a pic of the painted house:



I love how the white trim pops next to the bold blue! It looks like such a happy and fun house!
Here's a close up of the porch. I would have white planter boxes like these, filled with cheery pink flowers and fresh herbs. Oh, and I also love the hanging swing. I could just hang out on this front porch, sipping sweet tea with fresh mint, all day long!


No comments:

Post a Comment