Thursday, September 10, 2009

Introducing....Hippie Woodstock!!!


I finally got my betta fish for my classroom and I already love him! I've been going to PetSmart for like three weeks now waiting for the perfect betta! Yesterday I went to check them out and I was instantly smitten with him! I knew he was the betta for me, yesiree! I named him Hippie Woodstock because his colorings remind me of the tie-dye shirts that hippies wore back in the Woodstock era! He's a very active guy and is so pretty to look at! My students ooh and ahh over him, which makes him flare up like the proud betta that he is! I was originally going to go with the vase/live plant set up, until I started researching about bettas and learned that wasn't the best environment for them. So I opted to go with a 1.77 gallon tank that comes with a filter (that I'm currently not using). This way he has more room to swim and be a happy fishy! I hope he is with me for years to come! Yay for bettas and responsible betta owners!

No comments:

Post a Comment